After glazing Euro-windows, composite windows and entrance doors double- and triple-pane glazing is used. Insulation glass consists of two or three panes of flat glass that are offset with stainless or plastic spacer frames. A layer of metal oxides is applied on glass surface reflecting thermal energy back to the room and thus preventing its leakage. It this way significant reduction of heat transfer coefficient “Ug” is achieved. For increasing thermal-insulation properties the cavity of double- and triple-pane glass is filled with inert gas – krypton/argon. At the same time the transparency of glass is fully maintained.
Scuntion windows are fitted with insulation triple-pane glass or single glass. Through their various combinations in outer and inner leaf different values of heat transfer coefficient of the entire window are achieved.
composition of insulation glass:
alternatives of glass design:
- clear – clear glass (float) is the basic type of glass used for window and door manufacture. It provides excellent light transmission.
- milk – is float glass with white, satin finish matted with acid. Glass with satin finish is translucent but it is not possible to see through it. It is used particularly in bathrooms and toilets.
- sandblasted – the principle of sandblasting is blasting clear glass with fine, corundum sand through a template with a theme. Template is created based on preset themes or customized suggestions. After sandblasting and template removal roughened glass surface creates an irremovable and indestructible, original and fine image.
- patterned – decorative glass the design of which is pressed into one or both sides of clear, bronze or yellow glass.
alternatives of patterned glass:
example of sandblasted glass:
safety – comprise insulation glass combined with toughened, laminated or wired glass.
- Combination with toughened glass – toughened glass is fourfold stronger than common glass of the same thickness against wind load and thermal stress. Toughened glass is made in such a way that glass is heated to the temperature close softening and rapidly cooled down. As a result of inner stress at glass destruction small non-sharp fragments are created.
- Combination with laminated glass (Stratobel) – it reduces the risk of injury as glass fragments stick to plastic foil; and it increases security (protection against robbery, i.e. breaking up or shooting through. It contributes to noise reduction. The range of these glass versions is extended by combinations with color transparent or non-transparent, or stained and reflecting glass.
- Combination with wired glass – glass integrity and stability is retained even in case of fire.
noise reducing – noise insulation properties of double – or triple-pane glass are attained in their several compositions:
- Different thickness of glass panes and widened cavity between glass panes.
- Replacing one or two panes with laminated glass. Noise-insulating glass that consists of laminated glass can serve also as safety glazing.